|Batter||(100g wheat flour, 1 egg, 10cc milk, 340cc water (if desired, up to 20cc of this may be substituted with liquid dashi))|
|octopus (cut into chunks)||120g|
|green onion (finely sliced cross-section-wise)||10g|
|bonito shavings||as required|
|pickled ginger to taste|
|Otafuku Takoyaki Sauce||as required|
- 1Add the egg and milk (10cc) to water (200cc) and mix together well until frothy.
- 2Sprinkle on the wheat flour and whisk together until all unmixed flour is gone by beating vigorously against the side of the bowl. Add the remaining water and blend well.
- 3Heat the hot plate to approximately 200 degrees C, add some salad oil and pour the holes approximately half-full of batter; add the octopus, green onion, tempura crisps and pickled ginger; then add more of the batter until just overflowing.
- 4Cook for approximately 1 1/2 minute, then trim off the excess batter and turn over.
- 5Keep turning round, and the takoyaki are ready when they are golden-brown in color. Add Otafuku Takoyaki Sauce and aonori, and serve.